Home » Building Inspections » Forms


Following is a list of the most common forms we use. These forms may be downloaded for your convenience. Some of them must be notarized. This can be done in our office or by any NC Notary Public.


Forms available for download:

Dismissal or Leaving of Contractor

This form can be filled out to state that your contractor has voluntarily left your project or that he has been dismissed. This form will need to be notarized.


Affidavit for Dismissal of Your Contractor


Affidavit for Contractor Who Resigns Project


Information Sheet for Residential Building Permit

This sheet can be filled out and brought in when you are ready for your permit. It lists all the pertinent information we will need to know.


Residential Building Permit Application for New House

Cross Section Plan (for use if you do not have a full set of plans--new house or addition)

Residential Building Permit Application for Remodel/Addition


Miscellaneous Permit Application (Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Gas)


Miscellaneous Permit Application for Structure

Spec Sheet for Decks

Energy Card (to be posted at final inspection)

Your commercial plans must be reviewed by our Commercial Plan Reviewer. As this takes 3 - 5 days, please plan your schedule accordingly. If your plans are not detailed enough, he may ask you to fill out an Appendix B.


Commercial Building Permit Application


Commercial Permit Application - Signs


Appendix B


Final Inspection

Before your Certificate of Occupancy (CO) can be issued, your project must pass final inspection. Please note that if your are building anything with wood, NC Code requires that it be treated for termites. We must have verification of the chemical used and concentration from your pest control company. They will fax us this information at your request. Also, if you are in the Town of Lake Lure, we must have verification that your project has been released from their Zoning Administrator. You may want to contact that department a week or two before scheduling your final. We also need verification from the RC Health Department that your septic and well have been released from their system.


Inspections for your House


Temporary Construction Power

This form is used to purchase a separate electrical permit for power. This is not a temporary electrical for initial building. This is 60 days of electricity in order to finish the building and is $75 (cash/check) or $78 (debit/credit).


Temporary Construction Power



Mobile Home Permit Application

Inspection of Mobile Home


Once you have an assigned building inspector, it is best to talk with him as he will know you, your site, and your project, and can best answer your questions or concerns. Until that time and for general inquiries, inspection/permit requests, or for correspondences related to your permit such as duct testing, penetrometer testing, termite verifications, permit applications, engineering designs, etc., please e-mail us at permits@rutherfordcountync.gov. Please be sure to reference your permit number if you have one assigned.