Forms and Specs
Following is a list of the most common forms we use. These forms may be downloaded for your convenience. Some of them must be notarized. This can be done in our office or by any Notary Public.
- Owner Exemption Affidavit
- Appendix D (Workers' Compensation Coverage)
- New Home Inspection Sheet
- Deck/Porch Specs
- Change of Contractor Form -$75 (cash/check) or $78 (credit/debit) for each contractor changed
- Cross Section Plan (needed if you only have floor plan)
- Duke Energy Apply-for-Service handout
- Test-In-Construction - to get elec meter set before final - NOT a CO
- Rough-Cut Lumber Form
- Mobile Home Inspection List including 3 x 3 landing requirements
- 4 x 4 or larger deck/porch requirement
- RV Park Affidavit (for camper service permit)
- Water Service Line with Thermal Expansion Tank
- Swimming Pool Code
- We need 2 sets of plans submitted. Minimum review time is 7-10 days, depending on work load. Please plan accordingly.
- Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- Appendix B
- Cross Section Plan (if no detailed plans)
- Commercial Plan Review Fees
- AT&T Internet
- Storage Building/Workshop Building set-up information
Demolition of residenceIf your demolition is in the town limits of Rutherfordton, Spindale, Forest City, Lake Lure, or Chimney Rock, the town will permit and inspect your demolition.
- General Statutes for Farms
- Agriculture Defined, GS 106-581.1
- Agriculture Uses, GS 160D-903
- Farm Building Exemption Form (this does not exempt you from electrical work)
Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHA, flood plain)
Once you have an assigned building inspector, it is best to talk with him as he will know you, your site, and your project, and can best answer your questions or concerns. Until that time and for general inquiries, inspection/permit requests, or for correspondences related to your permit such as termite verifications, engineering designs, etc., please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to reference your permit number if you have one assigned.