Building Inspections

 Lee  - Shane   - Clint  - Joey  - Ruth  - Ronnie  - Caleb

Rutherford County Building/Fire Inspections
We are now located at:
270 N Toms St
Rutherfordton, NC  28139
(828) 287-6035 
(828) 287-6338 (fax)
Our office is located just off E 7th St--approximately 2 blocks N of the courthouse (229 N Main St).

Due to limited staffing in our office, we will not issue permits on Thursday-Friday, December 6th-7th.  We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Shane Dotson, Director

Clint Houser, Senior Inspector

Caleb Wilson, Building Inspector
Caleb's normal inspection route includes the areas of Lake Lure-Chimney Rock-Green Hill.

Joey Turrubiarte, Fire Inspector

Ronnie Martin, Building Inspector
Ronnie's normal inspection route includes the areas of Forest City-Danieltown-Shiloh-          Rutherfordton-Spindale.

Lee - Copy
Lee Pace, Building Inspector
Lee's normal inspection route includes the area of Bostic-Ellenboro-Gilkey-Golden Valley-Sunshine

Ruth Sams, Administrative Assistant

Once you have an assigned building inspector, it is best to talk with him as he will know you, your site, and your project, and can best answer your questions or concerns. Until that time and for general inquiries, inspection/permit requests, or for correspondences related to your permit such as duct testing, penetrometer testing, termite verifications, permit applications, engineering designs, etc., please e-mail us at  Please be sure to reference your permit number if you have one assigned.

Whether you are about to begin building a new home, setting up a mobile home, changing your electrical/plumbing/heating system, or even putting in a pool or making changes or additions to your home, the Building Inspector will assist you in the process. 

All commercial building plans MUST be reviewed--before permitting--by a fire inspector, as well as a building inspector.

Town of Forest City(1)