Vaccines are available at the Rutherford Health Department Monday-Friday. It is also available at most pharmacies within Rutherford County.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- I need transportation to my vaccination appointment. Transit is available to any citizen who needs an appointment Monday-Friday. Call 828-287-6339 to set up your free ride. There is no cost for this service.
- How will I know when my 2nd dose appointment is at? You will receive a vaccination notification card when you get your first dose that will tell you the date and time for your second dose appointment.
- What if I missed my 2nd dose appointment, need to cancel or reschedule? You can come to any future vaccination date as long as it is after the date you were given for your 2nd dose.
- I have/had COVID. When can I get the vaccination? You can get vaccinated 30 days after you test positive for COVID. If it has not been 30 days, or you are in quarantine, you will have to wait to get vaccinated.
- Can I get my 2nd dose locally if I didn't get my 1st dose at the same location? Yes.
Health Dept HELPLINE: 828-223-5735
(Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm)
COVID TESTING LOCATIONS
- Walmart: You can purchase over the counter rapid COVID tests at this location.
- CVS Pharmacy: Drive thru service, by appointment only. M-F 9-4:30, weekend times vary. Go online to schedule an appointment. Cost is free with most insurance plans.
- Rutherford Health Department (Foothills Health District) at 221 Callahan Koon Road, Spindale: By appointment only on Mondays from 9:30-12:00. Call 828-287-6100 to schedule an appointment. Cost is free.
- At Home Kit from Lab Corp: Cost is free with most insurance plans.
- Most primary care doctor's offices are now able to do COVID-19 testing. Check with your family doctor to see if they can give you the test.
DASHBOARD INFORMATIONClick on the image below to access the dashboard.
For instructions on how to navigate the dashboard, click here.
*The following data links are for information only. Federal, state and local statistics are pulled from a variety of databases and at different times of the day; therefore, data may not match between sources.
- Johns Hopkins Statistical Dashboard for Rutherford County
- National ESRI Statistical Dashboard for Rutherford County (note there are two pages on this dashboard)
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- World Health Organization
- Foothills Health District
EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER