193 Callahan-Koon Rd
Spindale, NC 28160
Monday 7:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday - Friday8:30am - 5:00pm
Mission: To provide opportunities for senior adults to help maintain and enhance quality of life.
The Senior Center is proud to be a United Way Member Agency
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SENIOR CENTER
PARTICIPANT CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY
The Rutherford County Senior Center is committed to serving the senior residents of Rutherford County. Our mission is to provide opportunities for senior adults to help them maintain and enhance their quality of life. The staff hopes you find the Center to be a friendly place to visit where you can benefit from the variety of programs and outreach services offered. This Participant Code of Conduct is created to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all who utilize the center facilities. In order to ensure that this goal is met, participant expectations and behavior guidelines have been established.
- Be considerate and treat others with kindness, courtesy, and respect.
- Be calm and patient and refrain from using abusive, obscene, threatening, harassing, insulting, or suggestive language.
- Not participate in gossip.
- Not engage in (or threaten) physical violence.
- Not bring firearms, knives or other weapons into Senior Center facilities.
- Not remove any Senior Center property without permission.
- Not deface any Senior Center property.
- Support the staff in keeping the facilities clean by cleaning up after you have eaten and throw away all trash in proper receptacle.
- Be able to care for themselves while partaking in Center activities. Individuals needing assistance (memory impairment, incontinence, wheelchair bound, etc.) may conditionally participate in Center activities with the aid of a self provided care attendant.
- Maintain personal cleanliness and good hygiene.
- Be properly clothed in modest clothing at all times: shirt/top, pants/skirt/shorts, shoes/sandals.
- Not consume or be under the influence of any alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs.
- Follow non-smoking policies.
- Not leave or store personal possessions at the Rutherford County Center.
- Respect the health of others by staying home if sick or contagious.
- Adhere to all posted rules and signs.
With the understanding that all participants utilizing the Center will be required to abide by the Center’s rules, laws and processes, the Center Director or staff will use the following guidelines when addressing Code of Conduct violations:
IMMEDIATE ACTION TAKEN IF POLICIES ARE VIOLATED
- Theft, violence, or threat of violence to another participant or staff member will result in the immediate expulsion of the violating participant. In addition, the local authorities will be called.
- Other Discipline Violations
- First Offense: Verbal warning from the staff.
- Second Offense: Will be asked to leave the Rutherford County Senior Center and/or Center offsite programs and activities for the day, and will be sent a letter.
- Third Offense: Temporary suspension or banning from all activities at Rutherford County Senior Center and/or Center offsite programs and activities. Suspended or banned participants must make appointment with the Rutherford County Senior Center Director to be interviewed prior to being allowed to return to the Center.
- Any subsequent offense will result in being banned from the Rutherford County Senior Center and/or Center offsite programs and activities.
Any participant may appeal this decision to the Rutherford County Senior Center Director. Any subsequent appeal must go through the County Manager’s office.
The Rutherford County Senior Center reserves the right to remove patrons from facilities, programs and services via suspension periods for any offense (first, second, third, etc.) determined by the Center Director or designated department staff representatives.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE RUTHERFORD COUNTY SENIOR CENTER SAFE AND ENJOYABLE!