Are You OK?
The “Are You OK?” program, which was implemented in late 1990, is a telephone and computer based reassurance program, designed to “call” our Rutherford County seniors or any Rutherford County Citizen that is living alone and shows a need for this program and help them and their family to have peace of mind.
The “Are You OK?” program provides the participants with the knowledge that someone cares and will be checking on them daily.
There is NO COST to you for use of “Are You OK?” program.How does the "Are You OK?" program work?
- The participant is called at their scheduled time.
- In the event of an emergency, we will notify their family and/or friends.
- In the event of an emergency, an officer will respond to the participant's residence.
- In the event of an emergency, notification of the appropriate emergency personnel will be made.
- The participant MUST be near their phone at the time they are to be called.
- After hearing the Sheriff's brief message, the participant must answer "Yes" or "Press 1" if they are OK.
- If the participant needs help at the time of the scheduled telephone call, DO NOT answer the telephone. This will alert us to send an officer to investigate and assist the participant.
- If the participant is not going to be home at the time of the scheduled call, please contact the Support Division of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Office Monday through Friday 9:00 am until 5:00 pm at (828) 287-6395. (My staff will gladly assist you in any way that we can.)
- Please make the participant's family and friends aware that they are on this program.
- NOTICE! This program will not work with any answering machines.