Medicaid / Health Choice
Health Choice Services
The North Carolina Health Choice (NCHC) is a health insurance program for children of families who make too much to qualify for Medicaid, but too little to afford private insurance.
NCHC benefits include:
NCHC does not include:
- Long-term care services
- Services for beneficiaries living or traveling outside of the US
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis and Testing (ESPDT)
- Pregnancy related services
There are six ways to apply (one application works for Medicaid and Health Choice).
- Apply online at ePASS.
- Apply online at Healthcare.gov
- Apply in person at your county Division of Social Services (DSS) office at 389 Fairground Road, Spindale, NC 28160.
- Fill out a paper application and mail to or drop it off at your county DSS office at 389 Fairground Road, Spindale, NC 28160 or mail to PO Box 242, Spindale, NC 28160.
- Fill out a paper application and fax to your local DSS office.
- Complete a telephone application with your local DSS office.