Mental & Behavioral Health
Rutherford County Mental Health LME/MCO Disengagement Plan
North Carolina law permits a county to choose its mental and behavioral health Local Management Entity/Managed Care Organization (LME/MCO). On April 9, 2018, the Rutherford County Board of County Commissioners voted unanimously to disengage from its current LME/MCO, Vaya Health, to realign with Partners Behavioral Health Management (click here to read the Disengagement Plan). Rutherford County is dedicated to improving the quality of life of the residents who have chosen our county as their home. It is in consideration of this strategic goal, that your Rutherford County Board of County Commissioners chose to pursue a relationship with Partners Behavioral Health Management to manage our citizens’ behavioral health services funded by federal, state and county dollars, including Medicaid. Partners is a Local Management Entity/Managed Care Organization (LME/MCO), which is a governmental entity that manages the county’s mental health, intellectual/developmental disability and substance use services.
The public comment period is now closed. To view comments submitted as part of the public comment period, click here.
Due to reasonable questions we have received, please note the following about these public comments:
- We included any and all comments if they appeared to be intended as public comment, even if the comments did not follow the posted process.
- No significance should be given to the order in which the comments appear.
- Redactions were made for those two comments requesting anonymity. Otherwise the comments are unedited in any way.
- Readers of all comments should give their own weight to each, depending on source, detail, and the like.
- The county only posted comments sent to it. If comments were sent to the North Carolina Secretary of Health and Human Services, Vaya, Partners or others, and not to Rutherford County, then we did not get them and therefore did not post them.
To learn more about Partners Behavioral Health Management, visit https://www.partnersbhm.org/. To hear what community leaders in the Partners catchment area are saying about Partners, watch the video below.